Since the last minor flare-up of the ARod fiasco, there hasn’t been much Sox news. In reading the article from Tuesday’s Boston Globe, the opening paragraph jumped out at me:
With 25 days to go before pitchers and catchers report for spring training, Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein said yesterday he was encouraged by a report on Pedro Martinez’s condition as the ace prepares for his seventh — and perhaps final — season in Boston. (bold added by me)
So will every article in some way mention the possibility that this could be Pedro’s last year in Boston? Because if so, that could get very annoying.
Other bits from that article:
- Ellis Burks is getting a strong look as a RH off the bench…12 years after being let go by the Sox mainly due to ‘injury risk’
- Former Texas RHP Reynaldo Garcia claimed off of waivers. Expect nothing.
Not in there, but also interesting bits..
- Gary Sheffield, who hasn’t been a cornerman in 10 years, offered to fill in for Aaron ’30 and over pickup league’ Boone.
- Dean Palmer retired, and IRod is close to signing with the Tiggers.
- Arod is STILL not coming to Boston
I guess that’s about it for now…